Eligibility Requirement (CEC):
To be eligible to apply for Express Entry through CEC, the applicant must:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience within 3 years before the application. Applicants must have experience in one or more occupations which are classified as skilled level types 0, A, and B under the national occupation classification (NOC).
The experience does not have to be continuous one year nor does it have to be in the same NOC. E.g. if a candidate worked for 6 months as a cook (NOC6322 Skill Level B) and 6 months as a Software Engieer(NOC2173 Skill Level A), he still can claim 1 year of skilled experience and apply under CEC.
- Meet the requirement of language ability. Minimum Language requirement for Skill Level O and A is CLB 7 ; and CLB 5 is for NOC skilled level B category.
- Have maintained legal status while studying and working in Canada.
- Have a Valid Education assessment for the credential, if any, from out of Canada.
Application Process for CEC:
Once all the eligibility requirements are met, the candidate must follow the below-mentioned steps in order to move ahead for application:
- Submit an online expression of interest in the Federal express entry pool which remains valid for 12 months.
- Once an Invitation to apply is received, an individual must submit all supporting documents and accept the Invitation within 60 days to the federal government on their official website.
- The application would be further analysed to confirm if an individual can become a permanent resident.