Provincial Nominee Programs or widely known PNPs are governed by Federal-Provincial Agreements which the Fed Government enters with each province separately. Under the Provincial Nominee Program Canadian provinces and territories can nominate individuals for a Canadian Permanent Residency based on their ability to settle down in the province.
PNPs can be categorised as A) Express Entry linked Provincial Nominee Program and B) Non-Express Entry linked provincial Nominee Program.
- EE Linked PNP- Generally the province picks profiles from EE pool and sends a Notification of Interest (NOI) in their EE profile. The Candidate then submits the application to receive a nomination from the respective province. Once this application is approved, the candidate receives 600 points and subsequently receives in his express Entry Profil. This allows him to apply for PR in the next EE Draw.
- Non- Express Entry linked Profile: These programs are managed outside of Express Entry Pool. Usually these programs allow canidates to apply to the respective province if they meet the specific requirements of the province. Generally connection to the province such as Job Offer, Previous education or work experience or a close relative in the province drastically increase chances of success of these applications.
Individual references for Provincial Programs mentioned below:
- Alberta- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) (https://www.alberta.ca/ainp.aspx)
- Ontario-Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) (https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp)
- Saskatchewan- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) (https://www.saskatchewan.ca/)
- Manitoba- (Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program) (https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/)
- British Columbia- BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) (https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program)
- Nova Scotia- Nova Scotia Immigration (https://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/)
- Prince Edward Island- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) (https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/office-of-immigration/pei-express-entry)
- New Brunswick-New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) (https://www.welcomenb.ca/content/wel-bien/en/immigrating/content/HowToImmigrate/NBProvincialNomineeProgram.html)
- New Found land and Labrador (https://www.gov.nl.ca/immigration/)
- Northwest Territories- Northwest Territories Program (https://www.immigratenwt.ca/)